Saturday, April 26, 2014

GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL

So much for my monthly-themed movie wrap-ups! My sluggishness got the better of me that I've decided to just scrap out the whole idea. I've settled on doing single-entries for my movies, as we speak (or rather, as I write). Anyways, it's better to share the fresh thoughts right after I've watched the film. Aside from that, I figured out that'll be a good remedy for my ever present writer's block a.k.a. my writing sloth.

Now, let's get down to business and lemme tell you about the most recent flick I've watched in cinemas: The Grand Budapest Hotel.


Rating: 2/5

Actually, I never planned on watching this one when I was in the mall yesterday. All I knew was that, I wanna be inside the cinemas to watch a film on the big screen. I've contemplated on picking "Transcendence" 'cause it was a film starring Johnny Depp, my favorite actor, but then I settled for this because of the screening time. The former was for around 5:00 PM and the latter was for 3:00 PM (current time then was 2:30 PM). I also have the penchant for films with historical settings and elaborate costumes. So, without further ado, I went to the booth and bought a ticket. Turned out, it was a boring film after all. I expected something like an ingenious plot 'cause the movie poster said something about a heist for a precious artifact at the grand hotel. Well, I think I'm still a poor seer even after watching a bunch of movies earlier this year. I later found out that this was categorized as a comedy, thanks to the Internet. And, though I had some few good laughs in its run, I still think the film would be better fitted to be shown on stage, and by that I mean literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment